Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home. Please continue to remind your child to complete his/her homework neatly and to make sure it is complete for Friday.
2. Oops! The May book order has not come home yet! The students will bring it home this week:). You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
7. Please send in the end of year dues asap if you have not already and let me know if you have any questions. I cannot believe how close we are the the end of the year!!
8. Due to a scheduling conflict, the Dance Performance with Ms. McMorrow has been rescheduled from this Friday, June 3rd to next week. I will let you know the new date as soon as I receive it. Thank you for your understanding!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
>Week of May 30, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our unit about how Kindergartners Read Informational Text. This week we will talk about how readers read, process and think about informational text.
Writing: This week we are continuing our work on How-To stories. They will be writing about the supplies that they need and acting out what they want to teach in their How-To.
Sight Words: No new sight words! Please review all the sight words learned this year
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: This week we are working on the short /u/ sound. The students will continue working on tapping out and writing small c-v-c (consonant-vowel-consonant) words.
Math:Ordinal Numbers: Sequencing Events, Physical Position, Ranking Preferences
Social Studies: Unit 4: The Neighborhood- The Boroughs of NYC
Science: Force and Motion: How can magnets move objects?
June 5: Kite Festival
June 9: No School – Brooklyn/Queens Day
June 14: No School – Clerical Day
June 22: Kindergarten Graduation- K107 Moving Up Ceremony is at 10:45 AM!
Max C. turns SIX on June 5th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!