JuSt A fEw ReMiNdErS…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and bring back all forms that must be completed the next school morning. *All permissions slips must be returned to school even if you wish for your child not to attend.
2. Please remember to place your scholastic orders online. Our class code is J64D6.
3. Super Saturday academy starts tomorrow, March 11th, from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please make sure you pick up your child on time.
4. As reminder, report card conferences are scheduled for Thursday, March 9th. Be sure to pick up your child’s report card. It is a half-day. Students will be dismissed at 11:25. Also, there is no academic after school.
- Lastly, attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Lateness is unacceptable because students are missing out on homework check and review. Please give your children some time to arrive to school.
3rd Grade homework for the week of 03/13-03/17
|~Reading log||Write spelling words 5x’s each and in alphabetical order.||Review Europe.||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.||Review Unit 4: Fractions
|~Reading log||Complete fix the misspelled word handout.||Review Europe.||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.||Review Unit 4: Fractions
|~Reading log||Complete spelling words scramble handout.||Review Europe||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.||Review Unit 4: Fractions
|~Reading log||Complete word search.
|Review Europe.||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.||Review Unit 4: Fractions
3rd Grade Important Announcements
for the week of 03/06-03/10
** please allow your child to complete their homework and/or projects on their own. if the work is incorrect, please allow me to see it. you may help your child figure out why it is incorrect but still have the child show me his/her original work. also, IT is extremely important that we practice on our writing skills so that we are proficient writers by the end of third grade. **
Events this week
Wednesday-Thursday, March 15th – 16th. ELA/MATH afterschool program. (2:30-3:55)
TESTS/QUIZZES COMING Up
~Wednesday, March 15th. Math Test: Chapter 9-Compare Fractions
~Friday, March 17th. Spelling Quiz #19
* All tests and quizzes must be signed and returned the next school day.
¶ I will allow for five extra points on a test for any student who received a low grade. Questions AND answers have to be written two times on loose-leaf. To obtain the full credit, it is due the next school day.
March current event due, March 31st.
March Reading Log due April 3rd.
reminder for Parents
~If your child brings in money for trips, book fairs, snacks, scholastic, etc., PLEASE make sure that it is in a sealed envelope with your child’s name, class number, and grade. Also, please have the correct change! This will help me tremendously!!
-Please e-mail, write a letter, or call the school with any questions or concerns that you may have for me. The best way to reach me is by email:rcoluccio1019
Please remember to bring in Box Tops!!
Spelling List #19- Contractions
A contraction is a way of combining two words together into one word. an apostrophe takes the place of missing letters.
Quiz: Friday, March 17th