JuSt A fEw ReMiNdErS…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and bring back all forms that must be completed the next school morning. *All permissions slips must be returned to school even if you wish for your child not to attend.
2. Please remember to place your scholastic orders online. Our class code is J64D6.
3. Our March trip is scheduled for Monday, March 6th. The fee and permission slips are now past due.
- Lastly, attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Lateness is unacceptable because students are missing out on homework check and review. Please give your children some time to arrive to school.
3rd Grade Homework for the Week of 02/13-02/17
|~Reading log||Write spelling words 5x’s each and in alphabetical order.||Review Asia.||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.||Review Unit 4: Fractions
|~Reading log||Complete fix the misspelled word handout.||Review Asia.||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.||Review Unit 4: Fractions
|~Reading log||Complete spelling words scramble handout.||Review Asia.||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.
|Review Unit 4: Fractions
|~Reading log||Complete word search.
|Review Asia.||Review Heat, Light, & Sound.||Review Unit 4: Fractions|
3rd Grade Important Announcements
for the week of 02/13-02/17
** please allow your child to complete their homework and/or projects on their own. if the work is incorrect, please allow me to see it. you may help your child figure out why it is incorrect but still have the child show me his/her original work. also, IT is extremely important that we practice on our writing skills so that we are proficient writers by the end of third grade. **
Events this week
Wednesday-Thursday, February 15th – 16th. ELA/MATH after school program. (2:30-3:55)
Friday, February 17th. 100th Day of school Celebration! Be sure to wear your crazy hats!
TESTS/QUIZZES COMING Up
~Wednesday, February 15th. Math Test: Fractions
~Thursday, February 16th. Science Test: Light, Heat, Sound
~Friday, February 17th. Spelling Quiz #16
* All tests and quizzes must be signed and returned the next school day.
J I will allow for five extra points on a test for any student who received a low grade. Questions AND answers have to be written two times on loose-leaf. To obtain the full credit, it is due the next school day.
February Current Events due Tuesday, February 28th.
February Reading Log due Wednesday, March 1st.
reminder for Parents
~If your child brings in money for trips, book fairs, snacks, scholastic, etc., PLEASE make sure that it is in a sealed envelope with your child’s name, class number, and grade. Also, please have the correct change! This will help me tremendously!!
-Please e-mail, write a letter, or call the school with any questions or concerns that you may have for me. The best way to reach me is by email:rcoluccio1019
Please remember to bring in Box Tops!!
Spelling List #16- /j/, /ch/, /tch/
Quiz: Friday, February 17th