***School is closed for students on Thursday June 9th***
1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of June 6,2016
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
NONE, reading may be assigned nightly.
Students will continue reading “Life As We Knew It”.
Students will think about how the main character handles her situation in “Life As We Knew It”. They will write about how to remain hopeful during a tough situation or another topic of their choice. Math
We are going to continue working on 5th grade math. We are going to work on decimal place value.
June 9- No school for students
Sunday June 12- Kite Festival
June 14- NO school for students***please note this was previously listed as a half day, however it is a full day of no school for the students. June 28- Last day of school