1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction.
2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. All tests must be signed and returned back to school.
5. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
7. We will be giving the students an unannounced Reading Comprehension Exam every other week.
8. Please make sure that your child studies their weekly spelling words every night.
9. Our class mommies are Caprice Powe (Makhi’s mom) and Madeline Aliverio (Jaline’s Mom).
10. Just a reminder:
a. Spelling Homework: if you would like your child to just write the spelling words 5x’s each for Tuesday and Thursday instead of completing an activity from the sheet, that assignment will count for their spelling homework.
b. Math: Here is the link to go math to help you assist your child.
Just copy and paste the link into the web browser.
A great tool to help students learn their times tables. http://www.unionbeachschools.org/ubsd/Academics/3rd%20Grade/Michael%20DeMaio/
c. Reading Level Books: here is a link that you give you a list of leveled books your child should be reading. https://www.readinga-z.com/books/leveled-books/?lbFilter%5Blevel-O%5D
6/5 Kite Festival
6/6 NYS Science Written Test
6/7 Arts Performance 9:00 a.m. (Tada, Material for the Arts, TownHall Dance) 6/9 No School For Students
Homework for the Week of May 31th – June 3rd
No Spelling Words This Week
-Read and log in chart
-Math Test on Thursday (The test will cover adding/subtracting decimals. Refer to Singapore Math Textbook Chapter 8. -Math Textbook page 78 #’s 1-12
– Reading Response
Read Chapter in How To Steal a Dog (chapters to be determined based on what we cover in the classroom) *Answer Chapter Questions (students received a reading comprehension packet) *They are to answer questions in their reading notebooks.
*Be sure to write questions and answers
– Math Textbook pages 78-79 #’s 13- 16
– Study for Math Test Tomorrow
-Read and log in chart
-No Math Homework
– Read and log in chart
– Math Test Corrections
– NYS Science Test on Monday ( have study the practice tests that were given in the classroom)
Units of Study
Students began a novel called “How To Steal a Dog”, this type of novel is called realistic fiction. We will be working on story elements, character, setting, plot, problem and solution.
Students will be learning a new type of writing genre. Students learned how to write a “How To” type of writing in third grade. In fourth they will go deeper into the genre and write a “How to” based on influences and impacts they have had in their lives.
Our focus will be on Forces and Motion
Students have completed Chapter 14. We will be moving on to Chapter 15, Forces and Motion. Math
We will be concluding our unit on decimals. Students will learn this week how to apply the skills they learned on decimals to solve word problems.
Unit 4, chapter 6. Students will learn how early leaders created a democratic plan of government that reflected values and promoted what we call the common good.