Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home. Please continue to remind your child to complete his/her homework neatly and to make sure it is complete for Friday.
2. Our May book order will come home this week. You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
7. The letter about our moving-up ceremony came home last week, please send in the end of year dues asap if you have not already! Please let me know if you have any questions. I cannot believe how close we are the the end of the year!!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of May 23, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our unit about how Kindergartners Read Informational Text. This week we will talk about how readers problem solve when they encounter domain specific vocabulary. They will think "what does this word mean? and look closely at pictures to guess what the word might mean.
Writing: This week we are continuing our work on How-To stories. Please have your child practice "teaching" you how to do something at home. Encourage them to say the steps across their fingers.
Sight Words: here, come
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: This week we are working on the short /i/ sound. Our phonemic awareness book this week is Thunder Cakes by Patricia Polacco. The students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Math:Combining sets: Count on, add using number trains, count on using fingers; Simple addition and subtraction stories
Social Studies: Unit 4: The Neighborhood- Neighborhood celebrations
Science: Force and Motion: How can magnets move objects?
May 30: Memorial Day, School Closed
June 5: Kite Festival
June 9: No School – Brooklyn/Queens Day
June 14: No School – Clerical Day
June 22: Kindergarten Graduation- K107 Moving Up Ceremony is at 10:45 AM!
Stephany turned SIX on May 1st! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANY!:)
Issy turns SIX on May 16th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSY!:)
Camelia turns SIX on May 18th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMELIA!:)
Phoenix also turns SIX on May 18th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHONENIX! 🙂
Jesenia turns SIX on May 25th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESENIA! 🙂