Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home. Please continue to remind your child to complete his/her homework neatly and to make sure it is complete for Friday.
2. Our May book order will come home this week. You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
7. The Parent Meeting time was not mandatory last week, but if you still like to meet please contact me. I will be sending home all the paperwork that I handed out last Thursday this week to those who couldn’t make it.
8. The letter about our moving-up ceremony came home last week, please send in the end of year dues asap if you have not already! Please let me know if you have any questions. I cannot believe how close we are the the end of the year!!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of May 16, 2016
Reading: We are in our new unit about how Readers Work Hard to Read Informational Text. We will talk about how readers use what they already know to help them when they are reading informational texts, they can use all the reading strategies that we already learned and they can retell the information across their fingers.
Writing: We completed our persuasive letters last week! They did a wonderful job and some are rather funny as well! We are launching our final writing unit, How -To Writing, this week.
Sight Words: said, where
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: This week we are working on the short /i/ sound. Our phonemic awareness book this week is The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. The students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Math: Comparing sets: Comparing sets from 11 – 20, looking for and identifying differences
Social Studies: Unit 4: The Neighborhood- What is a neighborhood?
Science: Force and Motion: How can we change motion?
May 30: Memorial Day, School Closed
June 5: Kite Festival
June 9: No School – Brooklyn/Queens Day
June 14: No School – Clerical Day
June 22: Kindergarten Graduation- K107 Moving Up Ceremony is at 10:45 AM!
Stephany turned SIX on May 1st! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANY!:)
Issy turns SIX on May 16th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSY!:)
Camelia turns SIX on May 18th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMELIA!:)
Phoenix also turns SIX on May 18th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHONENIX! 🙂
Jesenia turns SIX on May 25th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESENIA! 🙂