1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of May 16,2016
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
Reading response due on Friday. Students should use Life As We Knew It to answer the question. Reading will be assigned nightly.
Math sheet due Friday
Students have started reading “Life As We Knew It”.
Students will think about how the main character handles her situation in “Life As We Knew It”. They will then write about how to remain hopeful during a tough situation. Math
We have started working on the first unit of 5th grade. We are working on estimating and rounding. Science
We are learning about sources of energy. This is helping the students prepare for the state science exam. The performance part of the exam will take place May 25-June 3. The written part is June 6.
May 30- Memorial Day School Closed
Sunday June 5- Kite Festival
June 9- No school for students
June 14- Half day for students
June 28- Last day of school