Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home. Please continue to remind your child to complete his/her homework neatly and to make sure it is complete for Friday.
2. Our April book should be in tomorrow, May 3rd! Our May book order will come home in a few weeks. You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
7. Please contact me if you still need to meet about your child’s report card.
8. The children brought home a list of the reading strategies we have learned in school. Please leave it somewhere that your child likes to read and remind them to use those strategies if they get stuck on a word. Helpful Kangaroo is always our last choice!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of April 18, 2016
Reading: We are launching our unit about how Readers Work Hard to Read Informational Text. We will be immersing the students in different kinds of informational text this week!
Writing: We are finishing our Persuasive Letter writing this week! Get ready to read some awesome persuasive letters on the hallway bulletin boards!
Sight Words: do, little
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: We finished the alphabet with Z the week before break! Bravo kindergartners! We are now taking a closer look at all the vowel, starting with the letter A! We are focusing on the short and long /a/ sound this week. Our phonemic awareness book this week is Amelia’s Road by Linda Jacobs Altman; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Math: Numbers to 100– Numbers 80-100; count to 100, count from any given number to 100.
Social Studies: Unit 3. Families; New York City Families
Science: Force and Motion: How do things move?
May 2: School resumes
May 5-6: Mother’s Day Plant Sale
May 5: Cinco De Mayo
Stephany turned SIX on May 1st! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANY!:)
Issy turns SIX on May 16th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSY!:)
Camelia turns SIX on May 18th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMELIA!:)
Phoenix also turns SIX on May 18th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHONENIX! 🙂
Jesenia turns SIX on May 25th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESENIA! 🙂