1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of April 18, 2016
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
HOMEWORK- due Friday
Write the definition for the following science words:
Static electricity, current electricity, series circuit, parallel circuit, conductor, insulator Math sheet due Friday
Reading response due Friday-Tell about two events in the story that the author used to portray the main character’s personality. What did you learn about the character from these parts of the book? Bring in signed sheet about the reading book by tomorrow
Students are finishing “An Inconvenient Truth” by Al Gore. Students will continue to read current articles about Global Warming. Writing
Students will use the information learned from “An Inconvenient Truth” and the articles to write a persuasive piece about Global Warming. Math
We are learning about tessellations.
April 25th-29th Spring Recess- School Closed