Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home. Please continue to remind your child to complete his/her homework neatly and to make sure it is complete for Friday.
2. Our April book order is due on Tuesday, April 19th! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
7. Please contact me if you still need to meet about your child’s report card.
8. Thank you to all the parents and chaperones who helped out with our trips to the museum and the zoo! We couldn’t do these fun events without you!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of April 18, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our work on Readers Use Strategies to Read. This week the students will review all our reading strategies and practice them during independent reading. A sheet about all the different strategies will be coming home this week!
Writing: We are continuing our work on Persuasive writing this week by adding details to our persuasive letters, editing for punctuation, practicing speaking about our topic and fixing it up for publication.
Sight Words: an, this
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Zz (we are finishing the alphabet this week!); Hailstones and Halibut Bones by Mary O’Neil; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Math: Numbers to 100– Numbers 50-79; count to 79, count from any given number to 79.
Social Studies: Unit 3. Families; Making Choices
Science: Force and Motion: How do things move?
April 18: Bake Sale
April 19-20: PTA Book Fair
April 25- 29: Spring Recess
May 2: School resumes
Zyler turns SIX on April 19th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZYLER!:)
Anthony turns SIX on April 27th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY!:)
Elmer turns SIX on April 29th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELMER!:)