Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home. Please continue to remind your child to complete his/her homework neatly and to make sure it is complete for Friday.
2. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
3. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
4. Please contact me if you still need to meet about your child’s report card.
5. Our trip to the Prospect Park Zoo is on Thursday, April 14th! The permission slip and payment is due on Tuesday. Please send it in as soon as possible.
~ Ms. Grande
[Inline image 1]
Week of April 11, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our work on Readers Use Strategies to Read. This week the students will review and learn more strategies to practice during independent reading, such as Eagle Eye (look at the picture), Lips the Fish (get your mouth ready by making the first sound of the word), Stretchy the Snake (saying the words very slowly), Chunky Monkey (looking for words you know inside other words), etc…
Writing: We are continuing our work on Persuasive writing this week by angling our letters to reach different audiences and coming up with solutions to make the world a better place!
Sight Words: look, in
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Xx; Tops and Bottoms by Janet Stevens; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Numbers to 100- Numbers 20-49; count to 49, count from any given number to 49.
Social Studies: Unit 3. Families; Meeting Needs
Science: How Does Energy Move?, Know processes where heat can be released
[Inline image 2]
April 14: Trip to the Prospect Park Zoo!
April 13, 14, 15: Math Test for Grades 3-5 Good Luck!
April 19-20: PTA Book Fair
[Inline image 3]
Jacob turns SIX on April 15th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!:)