Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home.
2. Our April book order will come home this week! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
7. Please contact me if you still need to meet about your child’s report card.
8. Our trip to the Brooklyn Children’s Museum is on Tuesday, April 5th! The permission slip and payment was due on Friday the 1st of April. Please send it in ASAP if you want your child to attend.
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of April 4, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our work on Readers Use Strategies to Read. This week the students will learn that readers make their reading sound like talking by reading words together and that readers know partners cheer for each other and help solve troubles together
Writing: We are continuing our work on Persuasive writing this week by writing letters that reach readers and studying a mentor text
Sight Words: play, am
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Yy; April Foolishness by Teresa Bateman; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Numbers to 100–
Counting by 2’s: Recognize and use pairs for counting, count by 2’s. use the counting by 2’s sequence to count up to 20 objects
Counting by 5s: Count by 5’s. use the counting by 5’s up to 20, keep count of numbers using tallies
Counting by 10s to 100
Review of all teen numbers throughout the week
Social Studies: Unit 3. Families- Families Rules and Jobs
Science: How Does Energy Move? Understanding a terrarium is a model of a system
April 5: Trip to the Brooklyn Children’s Museum
April 5, 6, 7: ELA test for Grades 3-5 Good Luck!
April 13, 14, 15: Math Test for Grades 3-5 Good Luck!
April 19-20: PTA Book Fair