Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home.
2. Our March book order was submitted last week! The books should be in soon! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
7. Please contact me if you still need to meet about your child’s report card.
8. This Friday, APRIL 1st is PS 132’s ANNUAL SPRING GALA!! Support the school and have an evening out with parents and teachers!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of March 28, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our work on Readers Use Strategies to Read. This week the students will learn to use many strategies all together to become a good reader, practice reading books again and again with more power to make them sound better, and they will think about what is happening page by page when they read to see if their thinking was right
Writing: We are continuing our work on Persuasive writing this week by fixing their work up as they go, use spelling strategies and keep writing once they are done!
Sight Words: you, go
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Yy; The Edible Pyramid by Loreen Leedy; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Solid and Flat Shapes –Solid Shapes; Recognize and name basic solid shapes, Understand that some shapes have flat faces, edges and corners and some do not
Flat shapes in Solid Shapes – Describe basic solid and flat shapes, Name basic flat shapes, recognize the relationship between solid shapes and flat shapes
Flat Shapes – Draw flat shapes, revisit big and small
Social Studies: Unit 3. Families- Families Have Customs
Science: How Does Energy Move? Understanding a terrarium is a model of a system
April 1st: Annual Spring Gala