Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home.
2. Our March book order was submitted last week! The books should be in soon! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/ We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
Thank you so much to the parents who have come in so far!
7. Please contact me if you still need to meet about your child’s report card.
8. Thank you for wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day! We were surprised by a visit from the leprechaun who delivered gold coins to each students chair! It was a very exciting morning:)
9. The week of March 21st- 24th is March Madness at PS 132. Here is a reminder about the events for the week:
- Monday, March 21st: Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday, March 22nd: Twin Day/ Look Alike Day
- Wednesday, March 23rd: Fashion Disaster
- Thursday, March 24th: Sports Day
Use your imagination and have fun with it! We look forward to seeing all the students creative ideas!
10. An email was sent home on Wednesday March 16th regarding who the children chose to be their twin. Let me know if you did not receive it!
11. We had a large group of visitors from Austria come to class on Thursday! The Austrian Federal Minister for Education, Arts and Culture, Ms.Gabriele Heinisch-Hosek, was on of the guests! She were very impressed by all the students, as she should be:)
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of March 21, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our work on Readers Use Strategies to Read. This week the students will learn to use the pictures to make their best guess and notice words that repeat in text and read those lines quickly, and how to use many strategies all together to become a good reader.
Writing: We are continuing our work on Persuasive writing this week by forming an opinion, creating a thinking map about their opinion and orally sharing how it would sound as a letter. They have learned there are many kinds of persuasive writing and they have had an opportunity to write them all in the past two weeks. Now we will begin to focus on writing letters to make change.
Sight Words: but, that
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Vv; Everything Spring by Jill Esbaum; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Math: Numbers 0-20: Compare and Order; Compare groups of up to 20 objects, Order groups of up to 20 objects
Social Studies: Unit 3. Families- Families History
Science: How Does Energy Move? Observe a terrarium
March 21st-24th: March Madness Week
March 25th: No School, Good Friday
April 1st: Annual Spring Gala