I am very excited to announce that our class will participate in “The Great Mail Race”. Last week I received a letter from a school in New Jersey. Included was a note from an individual student and a questionnaire. Each student in our class will be assigned an elementary school in another state. They will write to that class and send them the materials to continue “The Great Mail Race”. Hopefully we will learn a lot about kids in other states.
1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of March 14, 2016
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
Math homework due Friday.
Reading response due Friday.
Students are reading “An Inconvenient Truth” by Al Gore. Students will also read more current articles about Global Warming. Writing
Students will use the information learned from “An Inconvenient Truth” and the articles to write a persuasive piece about Global Warming. Math
We are going to continue learning about angles. Students will practice measuring with protractors. We will also begin studying two dimensional figures (triangles, quadrilaterals, perpendicular and parallel lines, lines of symmetry). Students will be tested on this material at the end of next week. Science
We are still working on “Life Cycles”.
We are still working on Unit 3- The Revolution in New York
March 21-24 March Madness Week (more info to come)
March 25- Good Friday- School Closed
April 1- Spring Gala
April 5th, 6th and 7th- ELA Exam
April 13th, 14th and 15th- Math State Exam
April 25th-29th Spring Recess- School Closed