Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day. Any graded work or homework from over a break that is in the folder is yours to keep at home.
2. Our March book order will came home this week! Your completed order is due to school or online by Tuesday, March 15th. You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm. Please come on time, especially if your child needs breakfast. After 8:10 they will not be able to get a school breakfast. Thank you!
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
6. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/ We have no one signed up right now, so pick a spot that works for you!
Thank you so much to the parents who have come in so far!
7. Please contact me if you still need to meet about your child’s report card.
8. Dress your child in green on Thursday, March 17th to help us celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at school!
9. The week of March 21st- 24th is March Madness at PS 132. Here is a reminder about the events for the week:
- Monday, March 21st: Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday, March 22nd: Twin Day/ Look Alike Day
- Wednesday, March 23rd: Fashion Disaster
- Thursday, March 24th: Sports Day
Use your imagination and have fun with it! We look forward to seeing all the students creative ideas!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of March 14, 2016
Reading: We are continuing our work on Readers Use Strategies to Read. This week the students will learn to match their mouths to the sound of the first letter in the word, reread to give tricky words another try, use the pictures to make their best guess and notice words that repeat in text and read those lines quickly. They are growing into such amazing readers and are very proud of themselves! Make sure you listen to them while they use these new strategies at home.
Writing: We began our new unit on Persuasive writing last week by forming an opinion about books that we read in school They learned there are many kinds of persuasive writing and they will have an opportunity to write them all in this unit. This week we are going to spend a lot of time giving reasons why we formed an opinion and sharing the reasons orally with the class.
Sight Words: have, not
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Pp; Clever Tom and The Leprechaun by Linda Shute; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Math: Numbers 0-20: Numbers 17 – 20: Count from 17 -20; Read and write the numerals 10-20; Continue our work on adding numbers greater than ten using a ten frame
Social Studies: Unit 3. Families- Families can change
Science: How Does Energy Move? Observe a terrarium
March 21st-24th: March Madness Week
March 25th: No School, Good Friday