Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our March book order will come home this week- sorry about the error in last weeks newsletter! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible. In addition if your child has used their change of clothes please send in a replacement!
6. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
7. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
Thank you so much to the parents who have come in so far!
8. Wednesday, March 2nd was Read Across America! Thank you all for making it such a success!
9. Thank you to all the parents who took the time to come and meet with me this past Thursday! If we did not meet last week, please contact me to reschedule your appointment.
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of March 6, 2016
Reading: We are launching a new unit tomorrow called Readers Use Strategies to Read. The students will be working on thinking about the books they are reading and pointing to the words as they read, making a movie in their minds about what they are reading and reading words they know well in a "snap".
Writing: The students completed their Buddy Biographies! We are so proud of their awesome work- make sure to check out the boards in the hallway!
We will be starting our Opinion Writing unit this week! We will be studying mentor texts all week to help form opinions about books.
Sight Words: at, it
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Jj; , The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss; the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Numbers 10 – 16: We will continue to work on using a ten frame to find numbers larger than ten. We will also practice writing numbers 10-16
Unit 2: Self and Others; Kinds of Families
How Do People Get Energy? Understand that people need food to live
March 25th: No School, Good Friday