Week of 2/29/16
Reading- Wednesday is “Read Across America” day. Students should wear their pajamas and bring in their favorite books to share. We will have a guest reader and immerse ourselves in the love of books!
Writing- We will wrap-up our biography writing and publish our biographies.
Math- This week we will focus on multiplication tables. We will use multiplication facts to help us solve division problems. Please help your child study their multiplication facts.
Social Studies-In Social Studies, we will continue to learn about New York City over time. We will compare and contrast NYC’s past and present.
Science- We will continue our unit on “Forces and Motion”.
* 3/2 “Read Across America”
* 3/3 Half-Day for students – Parent-Teacher Conferences.
1. Please be sure to check your child’s H.W. folder every night.
2. Please make sure your child has (3) sharpened pencils with their initials written on them with a Sharpie marker on it.
3. Please don’t forget to call the school and send in an absence note when your child is absent from school.
2nd Grade Teacher