Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our March book order will come home at the end of next week! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible. In addition if your child has used their change of clothes please send in a replacement!
6. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
7. Go to our class shutterfly page to sign up for Secret reader!!! The time slot is from 11:30 – 12:00 Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if these dates or times don’t work for you and we can find something that does. https://mrspachuckisk107class20152016.shutterfly.com/
Thank you so much to the parents who have come in so far!
8. The 100th Day of School was a lot of fun! Thank you to all the parents who came with us on our walk to the Black Star Bakery!!
9. Wednesday, March 2nd is Read Across America! Don’t forget to come to school in your pajamas with your favorite book, pillow and blanket! It is a day dedicated to the love of reading!
10. Thursday, March 3rd is Parent-Teacher Conferences. I sent home all the appointment times for the slips I received this week. I still have space available in the late afternoon and the late evening. Let me know when you want to come in:)
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of February 22, 2016
Reading: We will be completing our unit on Biographies this week. We will reread and review some of the biographies we have already read and choose one or two of the famous people we learned about to do more research on together. This unit was really meaningful for the kindergarten and they were really excited to learn about people from the past. I encourage you to continue reading biographies at home!
Writing: The students are finishing our Buddy Biographies. The students will be publishing and celebrating their work throughout the week!
Sight Words: there, what
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Ww; Dr. DeSoto by William Steig, the students will be listening for onset-rime segmentation, syllable blending and pronouncing and phenome alliteration and discrimination.
Numbers 13 – 16: Count from 13 -16; Read and write the numerals 10-16; Use a ten frame to find numbers larger than ten.
Unit 2: Self and Others; Voting; Remember voting for the winner of Crazy Hat Day on the 100th Day of School!
How Do People Get Energy? Understand that people need food to live
March 2nd: Read Across America
March 3rd: Parent Teacher Conferences
March 25th: No School, Good Friday
J-adore turns 6 on March 2nd!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY J-ADORE!