Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our February book order should be in this week! You can always place an order with our online code, which is LHR38.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible. In addition if your child has used their change of clothes please send in a replacement!
6. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
7. We have our trip to see The History of Toys this Thursday! Please send in your permission slip and $10
as soon as possible! Thank you:)
8. This Friday is the 100th day of school! I can’t wait to see everyone’s amazing hat creations!
9. If you did not send in your Presidents project with the vacation packet, there is still time! Please
send in as soon as possible!
~ Ms. Grande
[Inline image 1]
Week of February 22, 2016
Reading: We will be reading George Washington’s Teeth this week! This story is a fun tale about what happened to George Washington’s teeth. We will be using the timeline at the end of the story, making text to self connections and comparing this biography to another familiar biography we have recently read.
Writing: The students are continuing to work on their Buddy Biographies. The students will be fixing up their work and coloring their pictures to prepare to share them with the class and hang them up for display in the hall.
Sight Words: are, for
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Kk; Jake’s 100th Day of School by Lester Leminack. The students are working on blending and segmenting unknown sounds in words they hear in the story.
All About 10: Review numbers 0-9, count to 10, read and write the numeral 10, rote count to 20.
Unit 2: Self and Others; We Learn and Grow; Buddy Biography
How Do People Get Energy? Sort foods by meals
[Inline image 3]
February 25th: Field Trip to the Brooklyn Music School Playhouse February 26th: 100th Day of School
March 2nd: Read Across America
March 3rd: Parent Teacher Conferences
[Inline image 2]