Important events this week:
Class trip Tuesday, February 23rd.
100th Day of School (crazy hat day) is Friday, February 26th.
1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of February 22, 2016
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
Math task due Friday.
Reading response due Friday.
Crazy hats along with the winter break homework were due today. If your child did not bring it in yet, please send it in asap.
Students will spend this week presenting their book projects. They will also begin a new unit; persuasive writing. We will read “An Inconvenient Truth” by Al Gore. Students will also read more current articles about Global Warming. Writing
Students will use the information learned from “An Inconvenient Truth” and the articles to write a persuasive piece about Global Warming. Math
We have begun a short unit on decimals. I am focusing on tenths and hundredths. Science
We are working on “Life Cycles”. We will learn life cycles of plants. Social Studies
We are working on Unit 3- The Revolution in New York
February 23- Class trip, Rosa Parks show
February 26- 100th Day of School
March 2- “Read Across America”
March 3- Parent/Teacher Conferences- Early Dismissal
March 25- Good Friday- School Closed