Week of 2/22/16
Reading- We will wrap-up our unit on biographies this week. Students will work in groups to immerse themselves in various biographies on a person of their interest.
Writing- We will be editing and revising our drafts. We will also work on publishing our biographies.
Math- We will continue our unit of multiplication and division. This week we will continue to focus on division. We will also work on solving multiplication and division word problems.
Social Studies-In Social Studies, we will learn about New York City over time. We will compare and contrast NYC’s past and present. We will present our winter break research.
Science- We will continue our unit on “Forces and Motion”.
Spelling Words – there will be no spelling words this week
* 2/26 The 100th Day of School
* 3/2 “Read Across America Day”
* 3/3 Half-Day for students – Parent-Teacher Conferences
1. Please be sure to check your child’s H.W. folder every night.
2. Please make sure your child has (3) sharpened pencils with their initials written on them with a Sharpie marker on it.
3. Please don’t forget to call the school and send in an absence note when your child is absent from school.