February 9, 2016
JuSt A fEw ReMiNdErS…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and bring back all forms that must be completed the next school morning. *All permissions slips must be returned to school even if you wish for your child not to attend.
2. Please remember to place your scholastic orders online. Our class code is J64D6.
3. Our FDNY fire zone trip has been tentatively rescheduled to Monday, March 28th. As soon as buses are confirmed, the students will receive an updated permission slip.
4. Our February trip is scheduled for Friday, February 26th, at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. The permission slip and fee are pasted due.
- Lastly, attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Lateness is unacceptable because students are missing out on homework check and review. Please give your children some time to arrive to school.
~ Ms. Coluccio
3rd Grade Homework for the Week of 02/08-02/12
NO SCHOOL IN OBSERVANCE OF LUNAR NEW YEAR!
|~Reading log||Complete “correct or incorrect” handout.||Review Unit 4:
|Review Light, Heat & Sound||Review Unit : Fractions
|~Reading log||Complete “unscramble” handout.||Review Unit 4: Europe||Review Light, Heat & Sound||Review Unit : Fractions|
|~Reading log||Complete word search.
|Review Unit 4: Europe||Review Light, Heat & Sound||Review Unit : Fractions
3rd Grade Important Announcements
for the week of 02/08 – 02/12
** please allow your child to complete their homework and/or projects on their own. if the work is incorrect, please allow me to see it. you may help your child figure out why it is incorrect but still have the child show me his/her original work. also, IT is extremely important that we practice on our writing skills so that we are proficient writers by the end of third grade. **
Events this Week
Tuesday: Literacy Day/Random Acts of Kindness
Wednesday: Jesse Rubin Visit
Thursday: Wear BLUE for Bullying Awareness/Secret Story Time Buddy
Friday: Wear your superhero gear/ OmegaMan Superhero Assembly
Wednesday-Thursday, February 9th -10thELA / MATH AFTERSCHOOL (2:30 – 4:00p.m.)
Friday, February 12th. TADA (9:50 a.m.)
TESTS/QUIZZES COMING UP
~READY NEW YORK CCLS PRACTICE MATH ASSESSMENTS
~Friday, February 12th. Spelling Quiz
* All tests and quizzes must be signed and returned the next school day.
¶ I will allow for five extra points on a test for any student who received a low grade. Questions AND answers have to be written two times on loose-leaf. To obtain the full credit, it is due the next school day.
Current Events due Monday, February 29th
Reading Log due Tuesday, March 1st
reminder for Parents
~If your child brings in money for trips, book fairs, snacks, scholastic, etc., PLEASE make sure that it is in a sealed envelope with your child’s name, class number, and grade. Also, please have the correct change! This will help me tremendously!!
-Please e-mail, write a letter, or call the school with any questions or concerns that you may have for me. The best way to reach me is by email:rcoluccio1019
Please remember to bring in Box Tops!!
Spelling List #17 /th/ /sh/ /wh/
QUIZ FRIDAY- February 12, 2016