Week of 2/9/16
We will be celebrating “Respect for All Week”
This week we will focus on various activities such as “Acts of Kindness” and we will discuss bullying. We will also include “Habits of Mind” in our lessons.
Tuesday – We will read “Bullies Never Win” by Margery Cuyler
Wednesday – We will have a special guest singer Jesse Ruben
Thursday – Anti-Bullying Day, please wear blue. We will buddy read with a 5th grade class.
Friday – Superhero Day, please wear a superhero mask, cape or costume if you have. We will have an assembly and be visited by OmegaMan superhero.
Reading- We will continue reading the biography of Helen Keller by David Adler. We will discuss important events of her life and gather information using various “Thinking Maps”.
Writing- We have worked on the introduction of our biography. This week we will begin drafting the body of our essay. Please make sure your child has enough information on their person or research more if needed.
Math- We will continue our unit of multiplication and division. This week we will focus on division. We will also work on solving multiplication and division word problems.
Social Studies-In Social Studies, we will learn about New York City over time. We will compare and contrast NYC’s past and present.
Science- We will begin out unit on “Forces and Motion”.
Spelling Words – there will be no spelling words this week
* 2/15-2/19 Mid-Winter recess schools closed
* 2/26 The 100th Day of School
* 3/2 “Read Across America Day”
1. Please be sure to check your child’s H.W. folder every night.
2. Please make sure your child has (3) sharpened pencils with their initials written on them with a Sharpie marker on it.
3. Please don’t forget to call the school and send in an absence note when your child is absent from school. 4. Please make sure your child has his/her biography research in class.