Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our February book order is due next week on Thursday the 11th! You can always place an order with our online code, which is LHR38.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible. In addition if your child has used their change of clothes please send in a replacement!
6. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
7. Next week we are celebrating Respect for All week throughout the building. Students will listen and respond to stories about bullying, wear blue on Thursday to support anti-bullying and come to school as a super hero on Friday to help the students understand that everyone can be a hero.
~ Ms. Grande
[Inline image 1]
Week of February 9, 2016
Reading: We will be reading I am Albert Einstein by Brad Meltzer this week. The students will continue to learn about famous people from our past and discuss what the impact they had on the world around them
Writing: The students are continuing to work on their Buddy Biographies. The students will take the note pages and turn them into published pages to include in their biography. Students will also be fixing up with work and coloring their pictures to get ready to publish them and hang them in the hall.
Sight Words: at, all
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Nn; Jennifer Jones Won’t Leave Me Alone by Freida Wishinsky. The students are working on blending and segmenting unknown sounds in words they hear in the story.
All About 10: Review numbers 0-9, count to 10, read and write the numeral 10, rote count to 20.
Unit 2: Self and Others; Who We Are; Tie into Buddy Biography Science:
How Do People Get Energy? Sort foods by meals
[Inline image 3]
February 8th – NO school in observance of Chinese New Year
February 15th -19th: Winter Recess, NO SCHOOL
February 22nd: Classes resume
February 25th: Field Trip to the Brooklyn Music School Playhouse February 26th: 100th Day of School
March 2nd: Read Across America
[Inline image 2]