Several exciting events are coming up. P.S. 132 will celebrate Respect for All Week beginning Tuesday, February 9, 2016. Please see schedule below for important information about next week.
Monday, February 8- school closed, Lunar New Year
Tuesday, February 9- Special read alouds, Launch of Random Acts of Kindness in classroom
Wednesday, February 10- Jesse Rubin visits to perform his I CAN song
Thursday, February 11- Wear BLUE day for bullying awareness, upper grade students read to lower grade students
Friday, February 12- Superhero Day (all students should come dressed to school wearing either a superhero costume, t-shirt, cape or mask), OmegaMan Superhero Assembly
Although our class is not having an official Valentine’s Day celebration, students may bring in Valentines to share with classmates on Friday.
1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of February 8, 2016
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
Winter break homework was handed out. All assignments in the packet are due on January 22nd. Please note the heredity poster is extra credit and the test prep is optional.
Math task due Friday.
Reading response due on Friday.
Students will possibly bring home their responses to literature this week so they are ready to publish by Friday.
We will continue our Response to Literature unit. Students have finished reading “The Great Fire” by Jim Murphy. Students have been reading short articles about various disasters. We are comparing them to The Great Fire. Students are also working on book projects they have chosen. I have approved these ideas and look forward to the final presentation. The projects are due the day we return from winter break.
Students will continue working on their second response to literature for this unit. I hope to have it published by Friday.
We have finished our work with fractions. We will quickly learn a bit about decimals.
We are working on “Life Cycles”. We will learn life cycles of plants.
We will begin Unit 3- The Revolution in New York
Students also completed an ELA ready test this week and will complete a Math ready test next week. These are in preparation for the state exams in April.
Winter Break- school closed February 15-19, school resumes February 22nd February 23- Class trip, Rosa Parks show
February 26- 100th Day of School
March 2- “Read Across America”
March 3- Parent/Teacher Conferences- Early Dismissal
March 25- Good Friday- School Closed