MATH test tomorrow!
1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of January 19, 2016
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
Published copy of the response to literature assignment is due on Friday.
Math task due Friday. (I will send it home tomorrow after the test)
Reading response due on Friday.
We will continue our Response to Literature unit. Students have finished reading “The Great Fire” by Jim Murphy. Students have been reading short articles about various disasters. We are comparing them to The Great Fire. Students are also working on book projects they have chosen. I have approved these ideas and look forward to the final presentation. The projects are due the day we return from winter break. Writing
The published copy of the first response to literature is due Friday. We are no longer working on this in class as many students have already published. Students will assigned another question and begin working on their second response. Math
We are completing our work with fractions. Students have a unit test tomorrow and we will complete a task this week as well. Green group activities are due on Friday. Science
We will continue “A World of Living Things”. We will learn about heredity. Social Studies
We will complete Unit 2- Three Worlds Meet.