JuSt A fEw ReMiNdErS…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and bring back all forms that must be completed the next school morning. *All permissions slips must be returned to school even if you wish for your child not to attend.
2. Please remember to place your scholastic orders online. Our class code is J64D6.
3. Our next class trip is scheduled for Monday, January 25th, at the FDNY fire zone center. The permission slip and fee are past due.
- Lastly, attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Lateness is unacceptable because students are missing out on homework check and review. Please give your children some time to arrive to school.
~ Ms. Coluccio
3rd Grade homework for the week of 01/11-01/15
|~ reading log||Write Spelling words 5X’s each in alphabetical order.||Review Unit 4: Europe||Review Electricity and Magnets||Review Unit : Multiplication/ Division
|~Reading log||Complete “correct or incorrect” handout.||Review Unit 4:
|Review Electricity and Magnets||Review Unit : Multiplication/ Division
|~Reading log||Complete “unscramble” handout.||Review Unit 4: Europe||Review Electricity and Magnets||Review Unit : Multiplication/ Division
|~Reading log||Ask a family member to give you a practice quiz.||Review Unit 4: Europe||Review Electricity and Magnets||Review Unit : Multiplication/ Division
3rd Grade Important Announcements for the week of 01/11 – 01/15
** Please allow your child to complete their homework and/or projects on their own. if the work is incorrect, please allow me to see it. you may help your child figure out why it is incorrect but still have the child show me his/her original work. also, It is extremely important that we practice on our writing skills so that we are proficient writers by the end of third grade. **
Events this Week
Tuesday, January 12th. Cookshop for Families (7:40 a.m.)
Wednesday-Thursday, January 13th – 14th. ELA / MATH AFTERSCHOOL (2:30 – 4:00p.m.)
Tuesday, January 14th. PTA Meeting (7:40 a.m.)
Friday, January 15th. TADA (9:50 a.m.)
TESTS/QUIZZES COMING UP
~Tuesday, January 12th. Science Test: ELECTRICITY & MAGNETS
~Friday, January 15th. Spelling Quiz
* All tests and quizzes must be signed and returned the next school day.
*** I will allow for five extra points on a test for any student who received a low grade. Questions AND answers have to be written two times on loose-leaf. To obtain the full credit, it is due the next school day.
TENNIS TRIP SLIP & FEE DUE: Tuesday, January 19th.
reminder for Parents
~If your child brings in money for trips, book fairs, snacks, scholastic, etc., PLEASE make sure that it is in a sealed envelope with your child’s name, class number, and grade. Also, please have the correct change! This will help me tremendously!!
-Please e-mail, write a letter, or call the school with any questions or concerns that you may have for me. The best way to reach me is by email:rcoluccio1019
Please remember to bring in Box Tops!!
Spelling List #13 (homophones)
QUIZ FRIDAY, January 15, 2016