Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our next book order will be home next week! You can always place an order with our online code, which is LHR38.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible.
6. Please return signed Progress Reports as soon as possible.
7. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. These photos are still missing for our classroom! Thank You!
8. Please send in your permission slip and payment as soon as you can. The trip to Lincoln Center is this Thursday! Permission slips came home last Friday.
~ Ms. Grande
Week of January 10, 2016
Reading: We will be reading I am Abraham Lincoln by Brad Meltzer to continue our Biography unit in both reading and writing.
Writing: The students will continue working on their Buddy Biography Unit this week. They will be taking notes and doing research about one another.
Sight Words: my, has
Oral Vocabulary Words: biography, impact, accomplishment, challenges and struggles
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Uu; Martin’s Big Words by Doreen Rappaport. The children will continue to work on Rhyme Recognition & Production, Syllable Segmenting & Counting, and Phoneme Isolation for initial and final sounds.The students are working on blending and segmenting unknown sounds in words they hear in the story.
Math: Counting and Numbers 0 to 10: Fewer than- reviewing one more and understand and show the meaning of less and fewer
Social Studies: We are starting Unit 2: Self and Others; Ways to Say Hello
Science: What makes a shadow? Investigate and describe darker shadows
January 14th: Our trip to Lincoln Center to see The Itty Bitties!
January 18th: NO SCHOOL in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day