Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our next book order will be home next week! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible.
6. Please return signed Report Cards as soon as possible.
7. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
8. Go to our class shutterfly page to check out the new pictures and/or videos!
9. Welcome back and Happy New Year! I am so looking forward to see all your little darlings tomorrow and hear all about their time off.
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of January 3, 2016
Reading: We will be reading Noah Webster and His Words to launch our Biography unit in both reading and writing
Sight Words: he, she (we will be now getting two sight words per week!)
Oral Vocabulary Words: biography, surrendered, convinced, grammar, ecstatic
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound: Uu; Snow Day by Lester Laminak. The children will continue to work on Rhyme Recognition & Production, Syllable Segmenting & Counting, and Phoneme Isolation for initial and final sounds.The students are working on blending and segmenting unknown sounds in words they hear in the story.
Writing: The students will begin their Buddy Biography Unit this week! We are excited to see them learning more about one another!
Math: We will be working on same number and more, fewer than and "how many in all?" this week
Social Studies: We are starting Unit 2: Self and Others; Our Country’s People
Science: What makes a shadow? Observe that an object makes a shadow
January 14th: Our next trip! Be on the lookout for a permission slip this week!
January 18th: NO SCHOOL in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day