Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our December book club came in last week! Our next book order will be in 2016! You can always place an order with our online code, which is LHR38.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible.
6. Please return signed Report Cards as soon as possible.
7. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
8. Kindergarten Holiday Party will take place on Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 @ 11:45. A detailed letter about the celebration was placed in your child’s homework folder. You can start sending in the supplies for the party tomorrow. As always, thank you for your support!
9. The Holiday Homework packet will be sent home tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any questions.
~ Ms. Grande
Week of December 21, 2015
Reading: We will be reading and talking about Holiday books this week. The students will continue to practice all the decoding strategies they have learned so far during independent reading time.
Sight Words: Review of all sight words
Oral Vocabulary Words: strategies, unfamiliar
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: We will be reviewing all the letter/sounds that we have learned this year; The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett. The children will continue to work on Rhyme Recognition & Production, Syllable Segmenting & Counting, and Phoneme Isolation for initial and final sounds.
Writing: The students will be finished up publishing their nonfiction books and sharing them with the class this week. They have worked so hard on looking closely like a scientist!
Math: We will finish our work on adding with number sentences using the words “and” and “is”.
Social Studies: School and School Community; The Pledge of Allegiance
Science: How Does the Sun Change Things? Recognize that light can pass through some objects
December 23, 2015 – Holiday Cookie Decorating Celebration @ 11:45 December 24, 2015 – January 1st, 2016 – School Closed for Winter Recess January 4, 2016 – School Reopens
Dominic is turning FIVE on December 22nd! Happy Birthday Dominic!!