Reminder: This is a short week. Winter break begins on Thursday. Students return to school on Monday January 4, 2016. Our holiday celebration will take place on Wednesday at 10:45 a.m.
Holiday homework will be sent home this week. Part of the homework is the biography book project. It is due January 4th.
1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
Homework for the Week of December 21, 2015
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
Current events due Wednesday!
Holiday homework due January 4th!
We are completing the biography unit. Students should be working on their book project. They have been all chosen a project and have had some time to work on it during class. Some examples are power points, interviews, board games. The project is due January 4th. When we return from break we will begin our Response to Literature unit. Students will read “The Great Fire” by Jim Murphy.
Students are publishing their biographies this week. After the break we will work on the Response to Literature unit. Each week students will write an essay that responds to a question about “The Great Fire” or a supplemental article about a disaster.
We are completing our perimeter and area unit. We will begin fractions in January. Science
We will continue “A World of Living Things”. We will continue to learn how living things are classified. Social Studies
We will continue Unit 2- Three Worlds Meet.