1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction.
2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. All tests must be signed and returned back to school.
5. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me email@example.com
7. We will be giving the students an unannounced Reading Comprehension Exam every other week.
8. Please make sure that your child studies their weekly spelling words every night.
9. Our class mommies are Caprice Powe (Makhi’s mom) and Madeline Aliverio (Jaline’s Mom).
10. Just a reminder:
a. Spelling Homework: if you would like your child to just write the spelling words 5x’s each for Tuesday and Thursday instead of completing an activity from the sheet, that assignment will count for their spelling homework.
b. Math: Here is the link to go math to help you assist your child.
Just copy and paste the link into the web browser.
A great tool to help students learn their times tables. http://www.unionbeachschools.org/ubsd/Academics/3rd%20Grade/Michael%20DeMaio/
c. Reading Level Books: here is a link that you give you a list of leveled books your child should be reading. https://www.readinga-z.com/books/leveled-books/?lbFilter%5Blevel-O%5D
December 24-January 1– School Closed for Winder Recess (school will re-open January 4, 2015)
Homework for the Week of December 21, 2015
***Please Check Homework Notebook Daily for any changes***
***Science Chapter 2 Test Next Tuesday December 22, 2015***
No Spelling Words this week
– Reading – for 25 min. & Fill in Log
– Math – Read problem and fill in graphic organizer
– Science -Textbook page 60-61 #’s 1-16 (write question and answer)
– Test tomorrow on Chapter 2
-Spelling – Test Corrections and Signature
– Read for 25 min. & Fill in Log
– Math – Solve on graphic organizer and write on Looseleaf
– Reading for 25 min. & Fill in Log
Christmas Eve– No Homework
Christmas Day — No Homework
Reading: Create a poster dedicated to Walt Disney
Math: Read, Solve on Graphic organizer, Write on Loose-Leaf with explanation
Reading Log: Should be completed weekdays 12/28 – 12/30
December Units of Study
We will be finishing up our Unit on Biography. During this unit, we will be reading various “Who Was” books on people such as Christopher Columbus, Elvis Presley, George Washington, Roald Dahl, Dr. Seuss, Jim Henson and Jackie Robinson. We will be reading these books to discover information about these famous individuals. As we read these books, we will be reading for important information and comparing and contrasting them.
In Writing, students will be publishing their writing essay on their famous person. Students worked in groups of 5. They were given a person of interest to research and write a biography on that person. Students learned how to effectively research from various sources and will be able to identify the important information. They practiced note taking skills, as well as organizing data efficiently.
Students learned how living things are classified. There are 5 kingdoms. Students will learn the parts of a plant and human cell. Students will compare and contrast species in different kingdoms.
We will be finishing up our unit on multiplication. Students have learned many different strategies to mulitply one digit by 3-4 digit numbers.
The students will be working on Unit 1 titled “New York’s Land and its First People” in their Social Studies textbook. The students will be learning about the “First People of New York”. We will be exploring the Algonquian and Iroquois Tribes. As a culminating activity, the students will create a 3-D diorama of an Algonquian or Iroquois village