Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our December book club order was placed on December 8th, and the books should be in this week! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible.
6. Please return signed Report Cards as soon as possible.
7. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
8. Go to our class shutterfly page to check out the new pictures and/or videos!
9. I am looking for “Secret Readers” and “Arts & Craft” volunteers. I want to start secret reading as soon as we can (sorry about the long delay!) I think we may be able to use the shutterfly website to let parents and/or special friends sign up. I will be in touch about it ASAP!
10. Kindergarten TADA performance will take place on Monday, December 14th, 2015 @ 9:00 am. The students have been practicing so hard and are excited to perform for their families!
11. Our trip to Enrichment Through the Arts in Staten Island is on Friday, December 18th, 2015 @ 9:30. Please return permission slip and payment ASAP. The cost per student is $8.00, and if you are chosen to be a chaperone, the cost per adult is $8.00 as well. Due to limited seating, a maximum of 5 chaperones per class will be randomly selected.
12. Kindergarten Holiday Party will take place on Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 @ 11:45. A detailed letter about the celebration was placed in your child’s homework folder.
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of December 14, 2015
Reading: Reading Nonfiction: Children will continue to learn different reading strategies to help them figure out unfamiliar words.
Sight Words: to
Oral Vocabulary Words: strategies, unfamiliar
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/Sound/Handwriting ‘Ll’; The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. The children will continue to work on Rhyme Recognition & Production, Syllable Segmenting & Counting, and Phoneme Isolation for initial and final sounds.
Writing: Non-fiction Writing: Writers will continue to finish up their books and get ready to go public by rereading and making their writing readable for an audience.
Math: Counting and Numbers 0 to 10: Using finger and toes to count on; students will continue to learn how to add by using the expression 3 and 2 is 5.
Social Studies: School and School Community; Being a Citizen
Science: How Does the Sun Change Things? Recognize that light can pass through some objects
December 14, 2015 – TADA Performance @ 9am
December 18, 2015 – Enrichment Through the Arts trip @ 9:30
December 23, 2015 – Holiday Cookie Decorating Celebration @ 11:45
December 24, 2015 – January 1st, 2016 – School Closed for Winter Recess
January 4, 2016 – School Reopens