Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our December book club order is due this week so we will have the order by the Holiday break! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00 am, and children are dismissed at 2:10 pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible.
6. Please return signed Report Cards as soon as possible.
7. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
8. Go to our class shutterfly page to check out the new pictures and/or videos!
9. I am looking for “Secret Readers” and “Arts & Craft” volunteers. I want to start secret reading as soon as we can (sorry about the long delay!) I think we may be able to use the shutterfly website to let parents and/or special friends sign up. I will be in touch about it ASAP!
10. Kindergarten TADA performance will take place on Monday, December 14th, 2015 @ 9:00 am. The students have been practicing so hard and are excited to perform for their families!
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Week of December 7th, 2015
Reading: Reading Nonfiction: Puffins Climb, Penguins Rhyme by Bruce McMillan; Using patterns in the words to help us learn new information. In addition, children will learn different reading strategies to help them figure out unfamiliar words.
Sight Words: we
Oral Vocabulary Words: glide, groom, squawk, brawl, preen
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/Sound/Handwriting ‘Gg’; Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett. The children will continue to work on Rhyme Recognition & Production, Syllable Segmenting & Counting, and Phoneme Isolation for initial and final sounds.
Writing: Non-fiction Writing: Writers finish up their books and get ready to go public by rereading and making their writing readable for an audience.
Math: Counting and Numbers 0 to 10: Using finger and toes to count on; students will learn to add by using the expression 3 and 2 is 5.
Social Studies: School and School Community; The Pledge of Allegiance
Science: How Does the Sun Change Things? Recognize that light can pass through some objects
December 14th, 2015 – TADA Performance @ 9am
December 24th, 2015 – January 1st, 2016 – School Closed for Winter Recess
January 4th, 2016 – School Reopens