1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction.
2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. All tests must be signed and returned back to school.
5. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me email@example.com
7. We will be giving the students an unannounced Reading Comprehension Exam every other week.
8. Please make sure that your child studies their weekly spelling words every night.
9. Our class mommies are Caprice Powe (Makhi’s mom) and Madeline Aliverio (Jaline’s Mom).
10. Just a reminder:
a. Spelling Homework: if you would like your child to just write the spelling words 5x’s each for Tuesday and Thursday instead of completing an activity from the sheet, that assignment will count for their spelling homework.
b. Math: Here is the link to go math to help you assist your child.
Just copy and paste the link into the web browser.
A great tool to help students learn their times tables. http://www.unionbeachschools.org/ubsd/Academics/3rd%20Grade/Michael%20DeMaio/
c. Reading Level Books: here is a link that you give you a list of leveled books your child should be reading. https://www.readinga-z.com/books/leveled-books/?lbFilter%5Blevel-O%5D
December 4th trip to Queensborough
Social Studies Test Thursday December 3
Homework for the week of November 30, 2015
phone blame alive became ignite surprise beside supervise froze impose alone adore scrape drapes
awhile lemonade underline include calculate behave
– Reading Response #17
– Math – Read Math problem and fill in graphic organizer
– Read for 25 min. & Fill in Log
– Math – Solve the problem on graphic organizer
– Reading Response #18
– Math – Write the answer on loose-leaf paper
– Study for Social Studies Test Tomorrow
– Reading Log
– Math – Read, Graphic Organzer, Solve on loose-leaf
– Spelling Activity– Test Tomorrow
– Read for 25 min. & Fill in Log
– Spelling Test Corrections and Signature
December Units of Study
During the month of December, we will continue working on a Unit on Biography. During this unit, we will be reading various “Who Was” books on people such as Christopher Columbus, Elvis Presley, George Washington, Roald Dahl, Dr. Seuss, Jim Henson and Jackie Robinson. We will be reading these books to discover information about these famous individuals. As we read these books, we will be reading for important information and comparing and contrasting them.
In Writing, the fourth grade will be focusing on writing a biography. Students will be working in groups of 5. They will be given a person of interest to research and write a biography on that person. Students will learn how to effectively research from various sources and will be able to identify the important information. They will practice note taking skills, as well as organizing data efficiently.
Students will learn how living things are classified. There are 5 kingdoms. Students will learn the parts of a plant and human cell. Students will compare and contrast species in different kingdoms.
During the next few weeks, our math class will be learning about multiplication. We will start by multiplying one digit whole numbers. We will investigate strategies for multiplying 2-,3-, and 4-digit numbers by the numbers.
The students will be working on Unit 1 titled “New York’s Land and its First People” in their Social Studies textbook. The students will be learning about the “First People of New York”. We will be exploring the Algonquian and Iroquois Tribes. As a culminating activity, the students will create a 3-D diorama of an Algonquian or Iroquois village