I can’t believe Thanksgiving is almost here! Don’t forget that we will celebrate the holiday with a brunch on Wednesday. Notices went home on Friday. Please contact me if you didn’t receive one.
1. Please send your child to school on time every single day. School starts at 8:10 a.m. Lateness is a disruption to instruction. 2. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily.
3. Please send your child to school with 5 sharpened #2 pencils daily.
4. Please complete all daily homework assignments on the day in which it is assigned so that the students can master the concepts that they have learned at school that day.
5. If you send in money for fundraisers, book fair, trips, etc. please send it in an envelope with your child’s name.
6. If you have any questions or comments or concerns, feel free to send a note with your child or email me at your convenience. My email address is BConti2@schools.nyc.gov
1. November 26 & 27 – Thanksgiving – No School
Homework for the Week of November 23, 2015
***Please refer to Homework Notebook for any changes***
Due to the short week, we will not complete spelling this week.
Biography DRAFTS are due on Monday November 30th. Students should have at least 3 sources that they used for research. Math questions due on Monday November 30th.
Reading Response due on Monday November 30th.
We will continue our biography unit. The class will read a John F. Kennedy biography. They will learn how a biography is different from other types of books, and will look for specific details about JFK’s life.
In Writing, we will also continue the biography unit. The students will choose a biography from the library or book store. The book should be on or close to their individual reading level. Students should challenge themselves by also reading articles or multiple books about the same person (using multiple sources). Students will use these sources to write a biography on the person of their choice. Readings will be assigned for homework and the reading responses during this unit will be from the biographies the students are reading for their writing unit.
We will continue “A World of Living Things”.
We will continue working on division. We will spend time focusing on long division and division word problems. TEST TUESDAY!!!!
Test Monday (today). We will talk about Thanksgiving this week and focus on the new unit next week.