Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our November book club is should arrive tomorrow! You can always place an order with our online code, which is HHM73.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00am, and children are dismissed at 2:10pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible.
6. Please return signed Report Cards as soon as possible.
7. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
8. Please return the "Disguise a Turkey" project if you have not already. It was due Friday, November 20th.
9. Go to our class shutterfly page to check out the new pictures and/or videos!
10. Our field trip permission slip for Cooper Park went home last week. Please send it back to school as soon as possible!
11. Our Thanksgiving Feast is this Wednesday, November 25th at 1:00 pm in the cafeteria. Thank you to all those who volunteered to donate food and their time!
12. Picture day is tomorrow, Monday, November 23rd. Bring your best smile to school:)
~ Mrs. Pachucki
Reading: Nonfiction: Creepy Crawly Creatures by C.J. Naden – Readers use thinking maps to organize information they find in nonfiction text and Readers ask themselves questions about the text and try to find the answer by skimming the text
Sight Words: No new words- please review all sight words (I, can, went, on, a, the, see, is)
Oral Vocabulary Words: arachnids, slithers, scurries, creeps, antennae
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: A review of all our letters and sounds (Mm, Aa, Tt, Ss, Ii, Ff, Dd, Rr); ‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey. The children will continue to work on Rhyme Recognition & Production, Syllable Segmenting & Counting, and Phoneme Isolation for initial and final sounds.
Writing: Nonfiction Writing: Writers live and work like scientists, They use patterns to write more information and they use scientific words in their writing.
Math: Composing and Decomposing Numbers to 5; Continue our work with number bonds.
Science: How does the sun change things? Recognize the effects of the sun.
Social Studies: School and School Community; Laws for Walking and Riding.
November 23– Picture Day
November 25– Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast
November 26 and 27– Thanksgiving Recess (No School)
Kira turns FIVE on Wednesday, November 25th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRA!