Just A Few Reminders…
1. Please remember to check your child’s folder daily and send back all forms that must be completed the next school day.
2. Our November Scholastic book order is due November 30, 2015, if you want you can always order online using our class code LHR38.
3. Attendance and arriving to school on time is imperative. Attending school regularly is important to ensuring children develop a strong foundation for subsequent learning. Just a reminder that our school day begins at 8:00am, and children are dismissed at 2:10pm
4. Please remember we have snack every day in the afternoon. Please provide a healthy snack for your child in a labeled bag.
5. I am still missing a change of clothes for some students. Please send in a change of clothes in a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name as soon as possible.
6. Please return signed Report Cards as soon as possible.
7. Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, please send in a current picture and write the kind of allergy on the back. For your child’s safety, it is of the utmost importance that this information is kept up-to-date in the cafeteria. Thank you!
~ Ms. Grande
Week of Nov. 16, 2015
Reading: Nonfiction: Exposing students to many variations of Nonfiction texts.
Sight Words: is
Oral Vocabulary Words: sequence, life cycle, pattern, tools, task, connect
Phonics/Phonemic Awareness: Letter/sound/handwriting ‘Rr’; Thanksgiving Is… by Gail Gibbins. The children will continue to work on Rhyme Recognition & Production, Syllable Segmenting & Counting, and Phoneme Isolation for initial and final sounds.
Writing: Nonfiction Writing: Writers live and work like scientists, stretching their words and writing down all the sounds they hear. Writers sort their objects to help them organize their writing and make books just like the ones they read.
Math: Composing and Decomposing Numbers to 5; Introduce number bonds
Social Studies: School and School Community; Our Leaders.
Science: How does the sun change things? Recognize the effects of the sun.
November 23- Picture Day November 25- Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast
November 26 and 27- Thanksgiving Recess (No School)